A quick note about the Resources listed below…
You can learn how to do all – I repeat, ALL – of these strategies by doing your own research. Visit websites, read how-to guides, watch YouTube videos, read books… you get the idea. All of the information you need to learn how to leave your 9-to-5 is available to you – FOR FREE… if you are willing to put in the time and do all the research yourself. Or, the alternative is to pay for a service or a course or a mentor who has already done that work and put in that time, and now wants to sell their knowledge and expertise. There is nothing wrong with either method, and I will try to provide ample opportunities to pursue both methods.
One final note: If I have listed a product, service, course, coach, or mentor on this page, that means that I have personally purchased or subscribed to it. I will never recommend a paid service – or a free one, for that matter – if I haven’t used it and gotten some value from it.
- Amazon FBA Product Sourcing – Ask, and you shall receive! I noticed that there are TONS of people requesting how to find profitable products to resell on Amazon. I couldn’t find any service good enough to recommend, so I created one! You can check out the sales page here for more info – Amazon FBA Product Sourcing.
- Amazon Best Sellers list – If you need to do any research to see what products are selling well in any category on Amazon, this is the place to start. Especially helpful if you are choosing a product for Private Labeling or if you are searching for possible Wholesale suppliers.
- Jungle Scout – Simply put, Jungle Scout makes product research exponentially more efficient and easier. With this Chrome extension, you can easily see sales rank, buy-box price, monthly sales and revenue estimates, and so much more. In addition to the Chrome extension, Jungle Scout has a wide range of free and premium web content available to help your Amazon business.
Proven Amazon Course – It is called the Proven Amazon “Course” and it is listed under my “Courses” tab, but this is so much more than a course. This is everything you need to know about selling on Amazon, from start to finish. This is everything you need to know about sourcing products, retail/online arbitrage, importing from China, selling on eBay, developing wholesale relationships, partnering with businesses to increase sales, starting a private label brand, and so much more! Check this course out, and learn more about the founder Jim Cockrum and his integrity in this business. And better yet, google around for some other Amazon courses, and see how exorbitant their costs are for how little information they actually give you. And then come back to PAC, and you’ll see what a bargain it is!
- My Silent Team – Jim Cockrum is unquestionably one of the “good guys” in the online marketing space. Yes, he has created a wide spectrum of guides and courses that he sells for profit, but he also gives away an absurd amount of free information. He has an immensely popular Facebook community, he has a popular blog, and he recently launched a Podcast that is just packed with solid information. Check out all 3 of those free resources, and if you decide you want more, you can read about his PAC course on the “Courses” tab above.
- Freedom Fast Lane – I can’t recall with perfect clarity the first time I ever heard of the Amazon FBA model, but I’m certain Ryan Moran was one of the first massively successful Amazon FBA entrepreneurs that I heard about and began following. Here is his roadmap for earning your first million dollars with Amazon FBA: The Step By Step Guide To Building A Million Dollar Business In 12 Months Or Less
- The Amazing Seller – Scott Voelker’s podcast was one of the first I starting listening to. And I don’t mean first podcast related to Amazon FBA – I mean first podcast, PERIOD! And I’m glad I did… he represents more of the “regular guy turns into an Amazon success” story, and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Private Labeling.
Trading & Investing
I am currently a paying member of 2 live futures trading rooms. I will keep you updated from time to time if I cancel these memberships or sign up for any additional, but at this time it seems like 2 live rooms is as many as I can focus on and follow along to trade.
- Futures Trading Coach (FTC) – Trading room that trades only Crude Oil (CL), Gold (GC), and E-mini S&P500 (ES) instruments. This is a no-nonsense room and the moderator (Rick) is very good and very accurate at calling out trades. He trades off a clean white chart, 3-minute timeframe, with no indicators or clutter. A free 1 week trial is offered with no credit card required, and different membership/mentoring options are offered after the trial is completed. Do what I did – take the free trial, and make enough profit during the 1 week trial to pay for the membership.
- Your Trading Day (YTD) – Trading room that focuses on Crude Oil (CL), Gold (GC), E-mini Nasdaq-100 (NQ), E-mini Dow (YM), British Pound (6B), Euro FX(6E), and occasionally Natural Gas (NG), Soybeans (ZS), and other instruments. Compared to the FTC room, this one is more lively and social. The moderator (Steve) is very personable and encourages member participation in a “chatroom” type environment. He trades off a price-action chart, relying mostly on following both short- and long-term trends to determine direction and entry points. No free trial is offered, but Steve offers a discounted 2-week trial membership with several paid membership options.
- NinjaTrader – Charting and trading software, primarily used for trading futures (i.e. Crude Oil, Gold, E-minis, etc.). They recently opened up a brokerage service, as well, so NinjaTrader can be your one-stop-shop for futures trading.
- thinkorswim – Charting and trading software associated with TD Ameritrade brokerage. This is widely accepted as the most robust trading platform for stocks and options traders, and can also be used to trade futures. You must open a TD Ameritrade account to use the thinkorswim platform, but they are among the most competitive brokerages in terms of fees and customer service. Another benefit is the excellent mobile app for trading on-the-go.
- Bluehost – If you want to get started in Internet Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, or any other kind of digital sales, advertising, or consulting… then you need a website! And in order to build a website, you need a domain name (like leaveyour9to5.com) and a reliable hosting company. Bluehost is one of the leading providers of both of these services, and they make it incredibly easy to get started. Oh, and did I mention that their customer service is fantastic, and I just so happen to use Bluehost to host ALL of my websites. Just click here to get started!
- Aweber – There are quite a few companies these days that provide email marketing and list management, but Aweber remains at the front of the pack. They offer a tiered pricing structure, so it won’t cost you a fortune while you’re still building your list; and they have an outstanding list of tools and features to help you grow your business. Grab this free PDF on Growing Your Business with Email Marketing and get started with Aweber for free
Affilorama – Founded by Mark Ling, who is one of the biggest names in the Affiliate Marketing industry. If you are even slightly interested in making Internet/Affiliate Marketing part of your leave-your-9-to-5 strategy, then I strongly recommend you at least check this course out. They have TONS of free information to get you started in Affiliate Marketing, and well on your way to leaving your day job. And if you like what you see, they have several options for premium content, including this foolproof 6-step formula to earn $10,000 per month online.
- Niche Pursuits – Spencer’s site was one of the first I stumbled upon when I began my quest to leave my job. And it’s one that I find myself continually visiting. His content is among the best out there, for both beginners and experienced online entrepreneurs. He recently published this post, which details exactly how to start a Niche site and begin making money online: The 11 Step Ultimate Guide: How to Build a Niche Website That Can Make $2,985 a Month
- Smart Passive Income – If you haven’t heard of Pat Flynn, then you might be living under a rock. Or maybe my website is the first one you’ve ever visited on the subject of Internet Marketing, Online Entrepreneurship, or whatever you want to call it! At any rate, he is in a class all his own when it comes to making money online. Check out his blog and podcast!
- Bigger Pockets – If this isn’t the single biggest source of information for all aspects of Real Estate Investing, then I don’t know what is. The site was created by Joshua Dorkin out of necessity – he was new to Real Estate Investing and needed to find a community where he could get information and advice. When he couldn’t find one, he created it! Now there is a huge community of investors who share their knowledge, there is a blog full of articles and information, and there is a highly-entertaining podcast where Joshua and his co-host Brandon Turner interview other investors and share immediate, actionable advice. All three resources are definitely worth checking out!
Things I Can't Live Without...
Amazon FBA Tools
Perfect for printing your Amazon FNSKU barcodes!
Well, you’re going to need labels if you buy a LabelWriter!
Plush toys, clothing, bundled items… you never know when you’ll need a poly bag – and these are great!
Small but mighty! This little Chromebook is my carry-around-the-house and take-to-the-coffee-shop sidekick! A must-have for a productive, yet free, entrepreneurial lifestyle!
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB Memory, 15.6″ Touch-screen.. this laptop is nothing short of incredible. If you want to be like me and run a bazillion browser windows and 2 trading/charting platforms, you need a monster machine to keep up with all that usage!
Full HD (1920×1080) & big, beautiful display. I have 2 of these hooked up to my ASUS Zenbook, creating an awesome 3-screen productivity station!
* Affiliate Disclaimer * Many of the links on this site are external links pointing to products or services for which I may receive compensation as an affiliate. However, I will never recommend a product or service that I have not personally used and trust, nor will I ever recommend a product or service solely for the purpose of making a commission. I believe the internet has become a dangerous place where some people would feel comfortable scamming their own grandmother - and I assure you, I will never be one of those people. Furthermore, Leave Your 9-to-5 (leaveyour9to5.com) and its parent company, Trugero LLC, are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you have any questions about this disclaimer or any of my affiliate links, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.